Does My Ass Look Fat In This … Template?Mar 24th, 2007 | By Rachit Dayal | Category: This Site, Website Branding
Yet another month coming to an end, yet another template for my dear blog. But this time, it’s much more than a cosmetic template change (new name, new brand, new look, new experiments … more about that a little later).
Before that, here’re some updates from my life …
Life Updates (in no particular order)
- I’m still struggling with the whole full-time-working thingie. Every time, I have to sacrifice my sleep & health to show my face at office at 9AM again … I’m tempted to walk away and get an easier project.
- But I persist. Although it’s really challenging – I’m also learning a great many things (I have some amazing new additions to my portfolio). And I feel like if I can survive this work, I’ll live through anything. So, one week at a time … I’m keeping on.
- Progress with my book & its marketing have been real slow. Although I’ve made some changes, gotten a little more traffic … negotiations with other list owners is painful. I’ll give out more concrete details of the book once I can call it “successful”
- POE is coming up again – but I have no time to prepare for it. Barely been making it to coach trainings … but as Pete and my close friends would say – it’s time to take the coaching out of the room and show results for yourself.
- I saw some awesome NLP & covert hypnosis videos last week … really mind-blowing. Can’t wait to share my analysis here … you guys will be stunned at the power of persuasive speaking.
Look & Feel
As some of you know, my last template wasn’t coming across very well to IE6 users. IE6 users form about 37% of my reader base, so I instantly switched back to the default blog template.
Urgh. Some people told me it didn’t look too good. I was very busy in the past two weeks with work, but this weekend I was determined to finally fix the theme.
So, here’s the new theme …
Not too many changes. The color scheme has changed (thanks GenoPal!). I removed the old leaf photo and added mine. Popular posts have been moved right on top for the benefit of one-time visitors. And of course … the header. Make your own inferences there.
If you’ve been a regular reader for long, then you’ve noticed that my themes change according to my moods. I haven’t paid conscious attention so far to this pattern, but anyone else who has time to kill – feel free to analyze my life via my blog themes.
Anyway, enough digression.
More Than A Cosmetic Change – An Experiment With Branding
This blog has been incredibly popular. I have all of you who kill your time in office by reading my sensational crap for that (I’m just kidding. I know you don’t come here for my blog posts. Just to kill time from office … Haha).
So anyway, I think I’m going to move towards giving this blog a better identity than my face. Being inspired by some other popular blogs, I thought I’d try giving this site a name.
So, this blog now has a name – “Don’t Mind”!
What does it mean, you say? Well … for starters, a lot of my blog posts are voyeuristic, offensive and a tad too frank. Basically, just like me. But I have met people who have been offended/shocked by the tone/content of what I write … so, err .. don’t mind yeah? It’s all just for fun.
Secondly, it has a deeper NLP meaning behind it. Here’s the thing – our minds can’t process negatives. So, when I say – “close your eyes and don’t think about a white house” … the mind will immediately drift towards the thought or image of a white house. In the same way, one of my goals through my writing is to help people become more aware of their thoughts and beliefs – aka “mind”. So, don’t think about your mind, yeah?
Third … If you take a careful look at the header of this page – there are some interesting things happening there. Advanced NLP practioners may notice several different patterns being used. But I won’t spill the beans yet – Suffice to say that this is an experiment in subliminal influence … to help move every visitor to this site to a more positive place. I should have the details of the experiment in 2-3 months.
That’s it guys – stay well … if you’re stumbling upon the blog and not noticing any new posts – just leave a comment. It’s the easiest way to start a conversation with me
And I’ll do my best to keep posting – on my to do list for the next few days, some deeper studies of simple hypnosis, conversational hypnosis and invincibility attitude … for my dear new coaches to help them prepare for the upcoming POE.