I Can Bend Spoons!Feb 12th, 2008 | By Rachit Dayal | Category: Health & Healing, Hypnosis, NLP, Personal Development, Personal Stories
Do you remember the great scene from The Matrix, when Neo meets a little kid who’s bending spoons?
A couple of weeks ago, some friends of mine had gone for a spoon bending class here (Singapore) and they came back to show off their spoons. At that point I started believing that if they could do it, I could too!
And this morning I got an email from Pete that we will be doing spoon-bending at the next coach training. I expect to be elsewhere during that time, so I figured let me bend spoons this morning!
I’m not new to hypnosis singapore … but I am relatively new to meditation. So when I googled “spoon bending”, I was hoping to find some sleight of hand or trick for doing this.
Instead, I stumbled upon this site … and the instructions seemed easy enough. And then I saw this video – that really got me pumped up! It was the first hour of my awakening in the morning, so I decided that today … instead of meditation, I’m going to bend spoons!
I’ve read reports that people weren’t able to do it without the company of other “believing’ people … but I guess it’s all about belief. I’m really pumped up and pretty sure I can do it … and after meditating for about 30 seconds and mentally chanting “Bend Bend Bend”, I was able to bend the spoons!
(Although I haven’t yet tried it in front of other disbelieving people … that’s an experiment for another day!).
Like someone in the forums said, the spoon didn’t bend by itself. I still had to put force to bend it … but it was easy … it became softer (like rubber) for a few seconds.
It was only first time, so I started with two spoons – one thin and one thick. When I started, I could only bend the thin one about 90 degrees. The second time, when I had fine-tuned my bending routineI hadn’t been able to bend it without meditation. It definitely did feel much softer, like it wasn’t steel but something else.
My Strategy for spoon bending is as follows:
My strategy is only slightly different from the one at mind-energy.net … I guess I customized it knowing myself. But I’m pretty sure it will work for you.
- Take a bunch of spoons and “feel” which ones will bend (Yeah, I know it sounds cooky, but I did it anyway. I don’t think it made a huge difference, I could’ve bent any one of them).
- Before you begin, try to bend the spoon by brute force. You won’t be able to do much (unless its a really skinny spoon). This is important so that you can be amazed by your own power later.
- Make sure you watch the video above, so you know what happens to the spoon. That will help form the visualization pictures in your head.
- Gently have a conversation with the spoon – and say “You Will Bend For Me”. Really believe it (shouldn’t be that hard to believe after the video).
- Start meditating/deep breathing. As you breathe in, imagine the energy from the universe going through you and collecting in the form of a golden ball on the top of your head.
- Breathe deeper. Start rubbing the spoon at the point you want to bend it (best to start with the point between the handle and valley).
- With every breath, continue to imagine the golden ball growing and say to the spoon – You will bend for me.
- Continue this deep breathing for about 30 deep breaths. Make them faster and more energetic towards the final 15.
- Then stop for a second. Look away. Look back at the point you’ve chosen. Imagine the golden ball of energy shooting in a straight line to the point you’ve chosen.
- Say out loud “Bend! Bend! Bend!” and start bending the spoon. It will become softer like rubber.
- It really will be softer, it’s okay to use force to bend it, remember to be in an energetic trance state and command the spoon to bend.
- If it’s your first spoon, it will probably just bend a little bit. That’s okay, you bent a spoon! Now do it again and twist it this time.
Here are the pictures from my first time:
If anyone reading this decides to try this … or wants to learn this at The Pathlight Centre’s hypnosis course in Singapore, please leave a comment!